Thursday, June 16, 2016

Canada. The latest madness.

A few years ago, when I wrote my first post for "Breakfast With Ian" I wondered whether there would be enough fresh material to keep a weekly supply of blogs.
I need neither have wondered nor worried.
Someone once said that the most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. I am inclined to agree with them especially after the latest madness from our own House of Commons. 
Yesterday, after much deep pondering, deliberation and lengthy debate our M.Ps decided to make our national anthem gender neutral. The offensive phrase "In all our SONS command" is to be replaced by " In all of US command"
This slight alteration will fit in with the beat and tempo of the music and also with the beat and tempo of our times.
Fit in with a generation who is not quite clear whether they are "Arthur or Martha", fit in with a new age that wrestles with the sexual alphabet of L.G.B.T. Q. or P.  Fit in with the new Canadian "WE".
Rudyard Kipling once wrote a little beauty on "WE". Allow me to share it

"Father and mother and me,
Auntie and sister all say.
"All of the people like US are we.
And every one else is THEY"

Well now we have got who "WE" is  sorted out, let us stand to our feet or stand on our heads, face the Maple Leaf Flag, and sing our new "O CANADA" !

Jubilate.
Ian