Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Oops. The Donald is the President.

A few hours ago I retired to bed early. Before I put my head on the pillow I wrote a post titled "Hilary: now what?" (you can read it below)
I ended the blog by saying that after four years on the job, Hilary may be only too happy to relinquish it.

I was wrong. Hilary was only four HOURS on the job. They were the hours between 8:00 pm and midnight when she was ahead in the polls. Then REALITY forced her to resign as a America's first female president as the GLASS CEILING over her Jarvis Centre Head quarters remained solidly intact.
 Pauline, my wife, hauled me out of bed to behold the stunned expressions of the media types and the "we-know-better-than-you people" and I spent the rest of the night viewing the results with relish.
Everything I said about the state of America still stands.
The only change I have to make is to delete the name of Hilary  Clinton and replace it with President Elect, Donald Trump.
Enjoy the moment.
I'm going back to bed.

Ian

No comments: