Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017. ONWARD.

I was remarking to the church this morning that in 2016 my Volvo car quit. It failed the emissions test and it was time to let it go.
Before I did, I took out my personal stuff and the valuables and watched as it was driven off for spare parts.
Where is it now?  I have no idea. I got the best out of it and then, "POUFF", off it went.
That is like saying goodbye to the old year of 2016. We got the best out of it, carried forward the 'valuables' and 'POUFF' off it goes to wherever God has His junk yard.
I did not keep my old Volvo in my garage to collect dust or go to rust. No, once I had used it I said goodbye to it. No regrets. Just "goodbye".
Now I can get ready to receive my new car.
This morning, in our service, we all said farewell to 2016 and, with full-volume praise and worship and an excellent word from our preacher, we embraced 2017.
During his message the preacher pointed out that the two creatures on the Australian coat of arms are the Kangaroo and the Emu.
They were well selected, because neither of these animals can walk backwards. They were created to go in only one direction, FORWARDS. The Lord has made His own people like that. We only go in one direction, ONWARDS.
So my friends, have a blessed New Year as we press on in God's purposes together.
Jubilate.

Ian

No comments: