Saturday, March 24, 2018

EASTER THE MAN.

I said in my last post that, leading up to Easter, I would look at four words: Easter : The Main Event. The Man, the Message and the Miracle. Today we think of Easter "The Man."
At the end of the last millenium there was a referendum in TIME Magazine on the top 1000 most influential people of all time. When the results were listed they were posted beginning at NUMBER TWO. 
Number one, it was stated, was so far ahead of the rest that they never even listed JESUS CHRIST.
This being so I would like to ask the readers if it is possible that the most influential figure in the human race could have been a liar, a madman, a charlatan or a hypnotist. I mention all four because at various times I have heard such nonsensical explanations given to describe Christ.
 Then, it being agreed that Jesus is the Person He said He was, and that He finished the work that He came to do by dying on the cross and shedding His blood as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind (which include yours) would it not be prudent to at least read one of the Gospels before you die?
When and if you do, ask God  "What would you have me do to know You and to do your Will on earth before I die and meet You face to face?" Be assured that His reply and your response will determine whether you make your home in Heaven with Jesus Christ and His people.

Jubilate.
Ian

No comments: