Wednesday, March 2, 2011

this week in cartoons. Kicking the habit.



The season of Lent is upon us.

 My mother was a smoker but on more than one occasion gave up the habit for Lent. That produced dangerous tensions in the house. Once, during her period of abstinence, she broke a hearth brush over my back, after I had playfully shot her with a missile from an elastic gun! She said she was going to kill me and I believed her.

But, coming back to kicking the habit. If you, like mother, are summoning up your will to quit smoking for Lent, try taking some deep breaths of Jesus instead Marlboro's.

John the Baptist said: "When He comes He will lay the ax to the root."

He has marvellous powers to deliver, exceeding those of Nicorette gum, and may even save you from brandishing blunt instruments!

Matthew 3:10

Ian

No comments: