Monday, March 14, 2011

This week in Japan.



Maybe I'm reading more into these news headlines than I ought. Forgive me if I am.

But think with me, if you will, about the signs that Luke's gospel gives of the imminent return of Christ to the earth. We read of seas and waves roaring, of dissensions among the nations and of man being at an end of himself because of calamities.

 It does not require a leap of the imagination to connect these portents with the earthquakes in New Zealand, upheaval in Egypt, civil war in Algeria and nuclear fall out and tsunami in Japan. 

 It's been quite a month  and continues to be.

Could I recommend as part of your personal meditation this week that you associate the present convulsions in nature and wars among men with the promise of Jesus return.

He said that He was going to come back and fix things and He may just be telling you the truth.

Ian

No comments: