Sunday, September 11, 2011

This week on vacation


I'm at my Grammar school reunion for the class of fifty five.
That's 1955 by the way!

I'll be meeting friends I have not seen for fifty or sixty years.

One of them will be Brian Greenwood. He and I were voted the people most likely to do hard time in prison.

How wrong can you be. He became a police officer and I became a preacher.

I'll also be seeing an old flame of mine, Christine Robinson.
It's O.K., Pauline my wife is cool about it. We will be meeting for a cup of tea and a chat, not going to the movies. These old flames get older! Christine is now  a great grandma and I'm a grandpa nine times over.

I hear that my brother in law, David Barrett, is coming up from Southampton to keep an eye on me at the Reunion dinner.

He will probably have a walking stick on hand to yank me off the stage if I get too long winded in my speech!

When I get home we will have photos then and now!

Ian

No comments: