Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter. He is alive again.



When pressed to give proof positive as to His identity Jesus pointed the Pharisees to the prophet Jonah.
He said, in effect,
"No matter what I do or say you won't believe Me."

He went on to say:

"There is one final sign that I will give you and that is the sign of Jonah. He was three days in the belly of the fish and I will be three days in the heart of the earth and then I will come back to life. That's my sign to you people"

Nothing has changed in 2012. People are still clamoring for proof and special signs about this and about that.
St Paul simply said:

 "Christ died for our sins, was buried and after three days rose again according to the scriptures"

I guess if the scriptures are not good enough for you concerning what happened on Easter Sunday then that's it.

But, I must add, the Bible account has been sufficient for millions of others and God will not be writing another one anytime soon.

Incidentally my grandchildren just LOVE the story of Jonah!

Jubilate.

Ian

No comments: