Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Stations of the cross. The final hours.

We have come to Station Eleven on Christ's Mission to redeem mankind.








I was mentioning today at our church service that Christ's crucifixion took from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Six hours. Six hours of work that concluded with the cry "It is Finished." Six hours that changed the course of history. Six hours that transformed the hearts of countless human beings. Six hours that altered the destiny of billions of souls, my own being one of them.

His work on the cross cannot be added to: "It is Finished".
His work on the cross cannot be diminished: "It is Finished"
His work on the cross cannot be denied: It happened.

Peter says in his epistle:

 "When Christ died He died for sin ONCE and for ALL." His work on the cross will never be repeated.

When He died it was not the paper-boy who was dying for us it was the Only Son of God.

May I suggest that you take advantage of His offer of redemption while there is still time. Tomorrow may never come. Today you can pray:

"I believe that Christ is truly the Son of God. I place my faith in Him and His finished work on Calvary. Help me to make my home in heaven, Father." Amen.

That is your ten second response to His six hours of work on your behalf.

Ian

No comments: