Sunday, November 25, 2012

People who help.






We take a welcome break from the turmoil and trouble of the Middle East to come a little closer to home; my home.

I was thinking the other day that none of us can get through life without the helping hands of others. Even Jesus had a company of loving helpers who took care of His earthly needs.
This week I will mention five people who make regular contributions to make my world an easier and happier place to be.

Here is Sandra, my personal physician. She is a special person. She is the first female doctor who has looked after me.

She is also the first of the NEW order of doctors that have graced the Canadian medical field in the last ten years.

My old doctor, who I had for twenty years, would welcome me with: "How are you young man?" He would take my blood pressure, look in my ears, stethoscope my heart, tell me I was fine and say "Look in next year."

Sandra is different.

If she hasn't heard from me I get a call from her secretary asking where I am. She has a computer in which are stored my records from day dot. I can't fool her. When I didn't take my full course of anti-biotics she gave me a lecture on why super-bugs multiply.
Three years ago she said "I won't be satisfied until your blood pressure is 129/80" For the past three months it has been. Now she is on the trail of my blood sugar and creatnine.

If I live to be ninety I have a feeling she will be meddling with the axles on my wheel chair.    But isn't it wonderful to be cared for?

Jubilate.
Ian


No comments: