Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Give me this mountain!






Coinciding with the Queen's coronation in 1953 came news of the conquest of Mt Everest by Edmund Hilary and Sherpa Tensing. It was a dramatic first, the peak having remained unconquered (  as far as we know) since the beginning of time.
My friend Colin Clemenson, who we met on our recent trip to England, had planned to climb Everest next year but his wife demurred (I agree with her). Instead Colin  plans to climb Mt Blanc.

Herein is a truth worthy of thought.

If one goal in life is denied us then PICK ANOTHER.

Hundreds of years ago Caleb said to Joshua

"Give me this mountain."

That desire should be in the heart of everyone who loves God and longs to serve Him. It is the longing to fulfill the higher purposes in life while we still have strength and health to do so.

If Everest has been denied you, be like Colin and say, "O.K. I'll shoot for Mt Blanc."

See you at the top.

Jubilate.

Ian

No comments: