Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Joy of the Day





I like to alliterate messages.
So far in our mini-series on the "Joy of the Day" we have looked at three components in starting the day right: poetry, prayer and praise.My last thought is to do with 'P' for planning.

Sometime during the early days of IBM Thomas Watson, the founder of the company, granted an interview with a persistent caller.
When the man was shown into his office Watson said:

"I'm a busy man. You have ten minutes to make your pitch."

"Excellent," came back the reply "I think I can show you how you can better manage your precious time."

With that he told Watson to list six things that he intended to do in the remainder of his day. Watson scribbled them out on the back of an envelope. "Now," said his guest "number them in order of their importance. Then do the same tomorrow."

Before he left the office he said to Watson: "Pay me what you think the tip is worth if it helps you."

A week later the man received a $10,000:00 check in the mail.

Watson followed that simple habit for the rest of his working life

Jubilate

 ( and by the way make your checks out to my full name:
IAN LANGTON WILSON)

No comments: