Monday, August 12, 2013

For your Summer reading. Arn and Cecelia.









My friend, Christine, in England has asked me where are the romances in my recommended Summer selection of books.

O.K. For my last in this mini-series on my favorite titles I suggest that you get hold of the "Road to Jerusalem." by Jan Guillou.

This is the first of a magnificent historical trilogy based in Scandinavia and Palestine during the period of the crusades.

The detail of the series and its historical accuracy make it an artistic  triumph; the romance between the principal characters, Arn and Cecelia, deliver emotional suspense to the level of Romeo and Juliet.

For myself, I revelled in the accounts of life in Medieval Convents and Monasteries and now I can't wait to watch the screen version
"ARN'.
If you decide to both read AND view I would appreciate your comments.
Better be quick. Fall is fast approaching.

Jubilate.

Ian

No comments: