Friday, May 16, 2014

The Bearded Wonder.



I suppose the society in which I was raised back in post war days in England was not so gentle and accepting as our modern western world. But what we may have lacked in tolerance we made up for in a moral certainty that gave us clear co-ordinates on our inward compass.

We knew who our enemies were; we had just fought them in W.W.2. We knew who our friends were; they had been the people who had helped us in the task. We also knew that men married women, lived in houses and raised children. Also, it was clear to our juvenile minds that a bearded lady was a freak of nature. We had paid to see them in the travelling fair.

So yesterday, when I heard that a bearded transvestite won the Euro Vision song contest you will excuse me for gagging on my biscuit. Enough is enough.
 When the Russian minister of the interior said this morning that Europe is a society that has lost its way, is morally bankrupt, rotting from the very core and that Russia would no longer participate in this ungodly charade, I  found myself in total agreement with our old enemy.
Surprising how the passage of a few short years can change the whole landscape ..........in every way!

Jubilate.

Ian

No comments: