Wednesday, September 10, 2014

75 years on Planet Earth



On Sunday I celebrated my 75th birthday with an old fashioned Canadian hog roast.
A hundred friends, family and fellow Christians gathered under the Big Top: guitars, bag pipes, drums - all were at full volume to make a joyful sound.There were prayers, praise, testimonies from my kids followed by a BBQ.
I'd like to do it all over again but Pauline says "NO"
That's O.K. It was good to be part of a joyful celebration that I was actually compos mentis, compos corpore enough to enjoy!
A month earlier I had been in a different context at the funeral of a dear friend. Wonderful eulogies and speeches were made but he wasn't there to hear them.
My advice to you all: say the things that need to be said to your family and loved ones NOW while they are still alive to appreciate your words.
And if you really want to get everyone together to share your heart, kill and BBQ a fatted hog.
The aroma of those roasting spare ribs does wonders to make good words and good times roll.

Jubilate.
Ian