Monday, November 24, 2014

"All I want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth."


"All I want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth" . Back in the fifties this song was top of the Christmas Pops in England.
You would have to dig deep in the archives to come up with it today.
After a strange survey in England last week, having your front teeth becomes suddenly relevant.
Three years of research concluded that upper-middle class people had seven more of their own teeth at 70 than their poorer working class counterparts.
After losing my own front teeth in a youthful escapade I found that Santa Claus could not produce a set ( as much as I wished).
Later I went to Mexico for a couple of implants.
However, in the midst of this festive season while you are enjoying your Christmas fare, think about the less fortunate souls in the survey in England, who, having a turkey on the table, may be having trouble in chewing it.
Robbie Burns captured this thought well when he wrote his famous grace:
       "SOME HAE MEAT AND CANNOT EAT.
        AND SOME CAN EAT BUT HAE NAE MEAT.
        BUT WE HAE MEAT AND WE CAN EAT
        AND SAE THE LORD BE THANKET."

Jubilate

Ian