Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goals for the year ahead.


 About twenty years ago I attended a goal setting seminar.

I can’t recall all the points but there were a few that stuck in my mind. I’ll list the ones I remember.

1)     Believe that your goals are possible
2)     Break big goals down into achievable steps.
3)     Commit your goals to writing
4)     Share them with a trusted friend.
5)     Review them through the year
6)     Reward yourself when you achieve a goal.

Hope is a Christian’s portal to the future. But what is a goal other then a hope with conditions attached?

If you don’t like the idea of goal setting change your terminology to “Hopes expressed for 2011”

For some of you it may be losing weight, for others quitting smoking or reducing your debt. Last month a friend pressed a purple rubber bracelet into my hand. She was wearing one as a reminder that she was going to have ‘ a complaint-free year’.

Whatever it may be, take time in the dawn of this New Year to make your own ‘Hope Chest”.  Pray, and when this year is complete open up your chest. You may find that it was your best year ever!

No comments: