Thursday, June 9, 2011

Milestones can become smilestones



Throughout the year I record our family highlights in a cartoon book. We look through twenty or so every year when all seventeen of us gather for Christmas dinner.

I call them 'smilestones.'

Some of the biggest hoots come from the worst mishaps.
The day when a drunk driver hit my son-in-law's police cruiser. The time when my other son-in-law crashed his mountain bike and lost his memory for a few days. Or the incident when I got stuck in my car in Death Valley, California.

Every year bring a series of 'smilestones' when we laugh together over family misfortunes.

Tomorrow bad things might happen to you. I mean something terrible.

Quick. Take a pencil and make a cartoon. If you don't you will have forgotten about it by Christmas.

Why not read Romans 8:28. It is the reason why we believe in 'smilestones.'

Ian

No comments: