Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This week : Staying healthy.


Today two young ladies approached me as I was walking down a narrow lane in my city. Both were smoking.

What an opportunity!

I stopped them in mid puffs. "Ladies. Did you read your papers today. Australia has taken the manufacturer's names off cig' packets and replaced them with pictures of cancer. There couldn't be a better day for you to quit."

They looked startled at first and then scared.
One said: "I'm planning to quit" The other said she was thinking about it too.

My final shot was: "I hope you do, other wise you might not live to see your grandchildren!"

Was I too hard?

The government of Australia dosn't think so. Look at the photos they passed into law yesterday.

Today, why don't you throw away your Marlboro's and take a deep breath of Jesus?

O the gift of fresh air.

Ian

No comments: