Thursday, July 28, 2011

This week: Gospel Cures


Pauline, my wife, says that I shouldn't touch the subject of depression.

She says that I've never been depressed for a day in my life and therefore I cannot speak about it.

Maybe she's right, but I do know that, contained in the Gospel message, is the cure for all things human, including depression.

Take, for instance, the disciples. They were in deep despondency for three days after the Crucifixion.

Easter Sunday morning changed everything. In a moment.

As Jesus had told them.
' You shall weep and lament. But your sorrow shall be turned into joy.' (John 16:20)

An encounter with the risen Christ sure took care of their depression.

Don't wait for Easter Sunday, though. Have a morning encounter with Him every day. I'll guarantee He still turns sorrow into joy.

Smile, Jesus loves you!
Ian

No comments: