Tuesday, September 27, 2011

England: aftermath!



I returned from England with numerous impressions, none more poignant than the woeful state of the church. On any one Sunday no more than 5% of the people attend any form of service.

Meanwhile spiritual oddities abound.

 At Glastonbury new-agers assemble in their thousands (usually up to their knees in mud). The druids are chanting all mid summer night at Stone Henge and the witches are back in force on Pendle Hill. 

They are the "GOATS IN TREES."

In the absence of good shepherds preaching sound doctrine and living pure lives, sheep scatter and goats abound.

Since I have not yet mastered the art of being in two places at once, I cannot preach in England and in Canada.
Nevertheless, when I do return to England, I and my friends intend to haul some of those goats out of the trees and put the sheep back in the pasture where they belong.

Do I hear an "Amen brother"?

Ian

No comments: