Monday, November 14, 2011

Chez Nous.


Yesterday I posted the sign "Straight Street", nailed to the 60 foot high oak tree in my back-garden.

Today we have a picture of the two fish which are painted on the front curb of my property on Florence Park Road.

As you can see, we have a brown one which the city officials use to denote the flow of the sewers. The other is a white one swimming the opposite direction. I put that there myself.

Which ever way the sewer of society is flowing my family is going against it. 

One of my early mentors was a an extra-ordinary individual called Ken TerHoven, a South African evangelist.

I remember him saying:

"Any dead fish can float down stream; it takes a live one to swim against the current."

I've carried that principle with me for the past forty five years, and endeavoured to live by it.

Thus the two fish on my curb-side.

Today's thoughts are dedicated to the memory of Ken TerHoven and the thousands of young lives that he influenced for Jesus Christ.

Ian

No comments: