Sunday, November 13, 2011

Chez Nous 1



This week I'm doing a series which I've titled "Our House".
It is not intended to be a royal tour, but each of our homes has some unique aspect to it. Here are five that come from mine in Canada.

We live on a road called Florence Park. The sign is on the front lamp standard. In the back garden I have nailed a second sign
"Straight Street" to an oak tree.

For the distance of ten houses we have no fences built so our back gardens have a park-like effect and run in a straight line.

More importantly the sign "Straight Street" is where Paul the Apostle was sent after his conversion on the way to Damascus.

I was preaching on that subject to a men's meeting. I said that each person who comes to Christ should immediately go to an address called "Straight Street" and live there for the rest of their lives. For Christians crooked living is OVER, period.

At Christmas that year, one of the men who works for the city of Barrie presented me with the sign made by the roads department and autographed by all the men who heard the message.

Neat eh!

Ian

No comments: