Monday, November 28, 2011

Powerball 2011.



Today, three men are $250,000,000 wealthier than they were yesterday, thanks to a monster jackpot that they won in the Connecticut state lottery.

Are they any happier? Probably not.
 
Some years ago I was waiting to have my car fixed. The man working under another vehicle shouted out that the winner of the state lottery had come from Barrie. I shouted back to him:

 "$20 million dollars couldn't pay for what I've got under the third button of my shirt"

A gray haired lady standing by whispered to me  "If I may ask,what have you got underneath your shirt?"

I replied "The living Lord Jesus Christ madam."

When I and friend went to see her, we found that she was an heiress to a family fortune.

Rich but unhappy and desperate for hope and true joy.

Thank God she received both that night and served Christ for the rest of her life. 


The secret of true happiness is given by Jesus in the Beatitudes. (Matt 5) Winning the lottery is not mentioned, but the key to joy is in every line.

Follow Christ's counsel and you will not only have abounding joy, you will also make your home in heaven and for that you cannot buy a lottery ticket.

Ian

No comments: