Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back to Everest



Yesterday I was speaking of the internationally acclaimed Mallory family who live in my city here in Canada.

George Mallory was immortalised as the man who may have conquered Everest in 1924. We don't know if he did. He was lost on the mountain and his body was discovered, marble white, at 27,000 feet 70 years later.

Dan Mallory is related to the original George, so there must be the same blood flowing in his veins.

When I asked Dan if he had seen the T.V. documentary on the search for Mallory, he replied:

" No,we have never had a T.V. Our family has always been doing other things!"

Yeah, right, Dan. Like climbing Everest and travelling the earth in search of fresh challenges.

Of one thing I am sure. If you and I are to reach those new goals for 2012 we will need to find the "OFF" button on the channel changer and the "ON" button to the destiny of God for our lives.

Keep dreaming but keep climbing.

Ian

No comments: