Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The secrets of good health.



Parkinson's not having the last word leads naturally to some other thoughts on health.

Many years ago my friend, Max Carter from England, summed up the secret of sound health as follows " Right diet, regular exercise and clean drainage."

It's likely that the first two components of the formula contribute to the third, but as it stands I have found that this simple secret cannot be improved upon.

It can however be added to.

I recall the advice of a spry old gentleman who preached the gospel into his nineties. He said:

 "When I get into the shower and soap down I mention each part of my body and thank the Lord that it is in healthy working order. In that way I believe that God has kept me in good shape over the last fifty years."

So there you have it folks, written on the other side of the apple:

Thanksgiving, right diet, regular exercise and, lest you forget, clean drainage.

Jubilate.

Ian.

P.S. Enjoy your bath room reading and quit smoking!

No comments: