Thursday, April 26, 2012

The ultimate debt





Of course the ultimate debt to which all of mankind is shackled is
the one that none of us can ever repay: our indebtedness to our Creator.

This is the one referred to by Jesus in the Lord's Prayer:

"Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors"

Wishing it would go away, changing the channel like our friend in the picture, working harder to please God, fastings and doing more good works are of no avail. The debt remains until we find our way, as Pilgrim did in "Pilgrim's Progress", to the foot of the Cross.

It is there we discover that when He died on Calvary, the Son of God proclaimed the Year of Jubilee for every sinner.

Here, in one magnificent and magnanimous act, Christ paid all the overdue bills of our sin and declared freedom for the whole human race.

Don't wait for a better offer from God and don't delay. God's forgiveness is a prayer away.

Perhaps a prayer like this:

"Heavenly Father, I thank you for your offer to forgive my sins. I thank you that Jesus paid all my debt on the cross. I accept your free gift of salvation. Help me to live my life as a true Christian.
Amen"

Jubilate

Ian








No comments: