Sunday, May 27, 2012

North of Sixty




My friend Andre and I stepped off the plane in Whitehorse, capital of the Yukon. Ostensibly we were in the territory for the Yukon gold show but we were also conscious that we were there to meet some interesting people. There are plenty of them in those parts and both of us were ready to witness for Christ.
Emilie who works at the Klondike Ribs and Salmon was our first contact.
This young lady was full of joie de vivre and was impressed with my rendition of "Land of Hope and Glory". So much so that she brought Andre and I from the rear of the fifteen minute line up to a special table in the back room. On the way she took a liking to my light weight Swedish Spring jacket and said she would love to have it. Ah well! Halfway through my grilled halibut the Lord reminded me of the scripture:

"Who ever asks for your coat give him your jacket also."

So there it was .

The last were first, Emilie got the jacket and Andre and I had the pleasure of witnessing for Christ on a cold Spring night in Whitehorse.

Jubilate

Ian

No comments: