Thursday, August 16, 2012

The final on romance.







Back in 2000 Pauline and I were very close to a beautiful young lady in the church that we were attending. She was beautiful and, at twenty nine years old, was still single with a responsible job in upper management.

Listen to what she said when I was about to leave on trip to Australia and South Africa.

"Pastor Wilson, I really do trust your judgement. If you meet a man who you feel would be God's chosen partner for me, then by all means ask him to call me."

Two months later I was preaching in Williams town and I met Andre. He was a lawyer, a fine, good looking young man who just happened to be single.

After speaking to his pastor I forwarded Giovanna's number to him.

For the next six months they corresponded  by phone and email, racked up astronomical bills and finally met for the first time when Andre came to Toronto for a week.

Love was sealed at first sight and when Andre returned the following April it was for his wedding.

Then back to South Africa for them both and the surprise of red convertible car for Giovanna.

Where are they now? Pastoring a church in Capetown and parenting two lovely kids.

All because a young lady trusted that God would make the right choice for her.

Jubilate.

Ian.......... off to London, U.K. tomorrow. Back in ten days.








No comments: