Thursday, October 25, 2012

Five scriptures that changed my life.






For my first few years as a Christian I would give my testimony of how "I found the Lord".

One day I was reading the parable of the "Lost Sheep" and it occurred to me that it was the sheep that was lost NOT the shepherd.

That being the case my theology was BACKWARDS.   I did not find the Lord, HE found me.

Furthermore, this had great bearing on a passage where Jesus, speaking as the Good Shepherd, said He gave all His sheep Eternal Life.

Was He going to give me Eternal Life this week and take it away next week if I failed to meet expectations or fell short in my work quota?

This scripture from John 10:28 transformed my way of preaching, and how I regarded my relationship with the Lord.

Some people call it the doctrine of "Eternal Security".

Titles and terms are of little importance. What really matters is that tomorrow morning you rise with the assurance that " You will never perish and that NO ONE can ever remove you from the care of Jesus Christ" Period.

Jubilate.

Ian





No comments: