Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Five scriptures that changed my life.





As soon as I had received Christ I began to witness for Him with great fervor. I was sent home from college for a time and in my first teaching appointment at a nearby high school I ran into difficulties with the head master and some of the staff.

Not only was I ardently sharing my faith at work but I was also preaching in the streets of my hometown. My father had a business in  Main Street and this created real problems since irate customers were objecting to being told that they must "turn or burn"

I really thought that I could win the whole world single-handedly.

It was at this time that I came across another life-changing scripture in John chapter 6 verse 29 where Jesus said:

"This is the work of God, that you believe on Him whom God has sent."

Could it really be that simple?

In my zeal and performance orientation I had run way ahead of the Good Shepherd.

Reading this scripture helped me to find the brakes on my buggy which, after only a year, was in need of new tires!

The Lord showed me that living by simple faith not by burning blue smoke in over-drive was the key to Christian living.

Looking back after fifty years I can truly say that "To burn ON is better than to burn Out for God."
Jubilate ..
Ian








No comments: