Tuesday, November 27, 2012

People who Help



Alice has been my barber for many years. When I pastored a church in Barrie she was one of my faithful flock.

If I needed a trim I would pop in to see Alice and she would get a second sermon and I would receive my grooming which is important for a 'man of the cloth'.

Even when I was travelling I would see my lady barber, catch up on the news at home, give Alice my "tales from the trails" and always finish with prayer before I headed out to regions beyond.

Alice refuses to accept any fee for her hairdressing, but one thing she appreciates is the occasional orchid that I bring her.

She has the most amazing collection that has thrived under a her green thumb and, no doubt, their growth has been helped by the hymns and Christian music that pervade her home.

I have less hair these days and what I have left has turned grey.

But Alice and I have an understanding: she will make sure that I a real good trim before they put me in the casket!

Jubilate.

Ian

No comments: