Wednesday, November 28, 2012

People who help













I have a feeling that I would not be enjoying the health I do today if I had not met Max and Joan Carter.
That was over forty years ago when I lived in England.
Back in those days I thought I could thrive on a hearty diet of good old English grub: fish n' chips, steak and kidney pies, jam roly-poly, bacon,eggs and black-pudding and all things salt and grease.
Then I met Max who, after discussing the scriptures, got down to his second favourite subject, food reform.

Until I left England to emigrate to Canada, Max was faithful to preach against the evils of white sugar, bleached flour, processed foods, M.S.G, fried foods, french-fries and dumplings and just about everything else that I enjoyed. At the same time he upheld the merits of fresh fruit, nuts, whole grain bread and Omega oils.

Max himself ate enough oatmeal to keep a race-horse in trim.

About the last words he said before I got on the plane were:

"Good diet, good drainage and plenty of exercise, Ian"

Well Max, the good seed that you sowed did not fall on stony ground. Today I had my oatmeal and berries for breakfast, I have just got back from the gym, and for dinner tonight it is salmon from the BBQ........ and yes, my drainage couldn't be better.


Jubilate.

Ian

No comments: