Thursday, November 29, 2012

People who Help


Here are Shannon and Beth.

Two or three times a week I go to the local civic fitness club. Not only do they have great senior's rates, they also have excellent,qualified staff.
Both these girls took a personal interest in my well being when I signed up a couple of years ago.

Back in the 1950's gyms were chilly, dimly lit places where there were a few barbells, medicine balls, punch bags, climbingbars and ceiling ropes.

Now they are warm well lit halls stacked with  every sort of cyber-machines all calibrated to to the last ounce, with read outs on calories burned, kilometers travelled, muscles worked ad infinitum.

That's where these two young ladies came to my help in the nick of time before I jammed myself in the machinery.

 Shannon and Beth are highly trained people and stellar characters. While they surmount their own personal challenges to make their monthly budgets, they also reserve a cheery smile and a special word for creaky seniors like me.

That's why they get their occasional coffee treat by way of my appreciation. They deserve it.

I was wondering whether you can think of any of your own unsung heroes this Christmas season; maybe give them a card or a small gift to tell them they are special to you.

Jubilate.

Ian





No comments: