Friday, September 20, 2013

Breakfast with Herb






Yesterday my friend John Ter Stege put a little book into my hand and said " You are not the only one doing daily breakfasts."

The title of the book  was "Breakfast with Herb."

So far I have liked what I have read.
Here's a sample from Herb's menu.
                  
                  Banking Machines Make Mistakes Too

Well, I did my usual cash withdrawal for a hundred bucks.
At that point I normally count my five 20's to make sure of the amount and on my way I go. Well this time I counted six.... I've got six 20's. I looked at it and the one bill had a tear in it. At the tear, it had been folded over, so when it fed out, it fed out two instead of one.
I went into the bank, asked for the lady in charge and said to her:
"I withdrew a $100:00 and it gave me an extra twenty."
As I started to show her what happened she looked at me as if I was absolutely nuts. She just stared at me as if she was totally disinterested.
I said, " So here is the extra one," and I put it on the counter and stepped back.
She didn't say a word. She didn't say thank you or anything else.
She just stared at me and then I walked out without her having said a word to me.
Sounds to me like the Machine and the Manager have both got problems.

Jubilate.
Ian

No comments: