Monday, September 23, 2013

Third Anniversary







Three years ago when I was in Cyprus staying with English friends I did my first "Breakfast With Ian." It was in the form of a short morning devotion over toast and cereals. 

Since then I have done six hundred more "BWI's" which are now read in about thirty countries. So much for small beginnings.
Pauline and I had visited Greece before we journeyed to Cyprus and it was with this trip in mind that I did my breakfast talk with our hosts, John and Sue Cowgill.

One of the stops on our tour was in ancient Corinth. A feature, pointed out by our tour guide, was the Bema Seat of the consul Gallio. When Paul was brought before him for creating a public disturbance by preaching, Gallio curtly dismissed the charge as frivolous.
It was the right decision but there was no further inquiry by Gallio as to the Gospel message and WHY Paul was preaching.
The Bible simply says "He cared for none of those things."
An intelligent man with no spiritual interest.

I heard of a man taking a poll on the street who was asking passers-by what they felt was wrong with Canada. One brusquely replied:
"I don't know and I don't care."    "Right on both points", rejoined the pollster, "Ignorance and indifference."

Let's make sure that, as far as spiritual matters are concerned, we don't become like Gallio, "I don't know and I don't care" people.

Jubilate.

Ian


No comments: