Monday, September 30, 2013

Larsen and light relief





Today my lawn is dug up. The men have assured me that I won't be off-line but my neighbors up the street will be.
About 500 of them; maybe for a few days.
Well at least they won't be subject to this week's crop of murder and mayhem that seems to be our regular menu of news.
With that in mind, and with thoughts of my fellowmen sat in silence around the corner, I thought I would devote a series of B.W.I. to the light relief of Larsen, the cartoonist.

Here's Number One.
Ever had a false alarm? These guys on the plane must have had an anxious few minutes until they  got things sorted out in the cockpit.
However, there is a lot of truth in what Larsen is saying.
The difference between a false alarm and the real thing can be awfully slim at times.
A false alarm from the doctor's or from the bank; a false alarm from head office that you were going to be laid off or the phone call from school concerning one of your kids.

There is only so much insurance a person can buy in this world, that is why the richest man of his day, King Solomon, said:
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not to thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy path"
A sure prescription for "CALM IN THE MIDST OF ALARM"

Jubilate.
Ian

No comments: