Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Larsen: A little light relief.





My friend, Christine Bancroft, from England quit smoking last year.
It was a huge step to take in her later years and I applaud her for it.
She also did herself and her family an equally huge favor since breaking the habit is a major step towards ensuring good health.

I once spoke to a black cleaning lady when I was staying in a hotel in Houston. She was taking a smoke in the parking lot and I asked her if she wanted to quit.
She said, "How do I do that? I've been smoking for years."
I said, "Gloria, it's like this. First of all go down to Macy's and pick yourself a nice dress and put it on lay-away. Then put a jam jar on the mantle shelf and, starting next week, put the $ 10:00 a day that you spend on cigarettes into that jar where you can see it." 
She said "What then?"
I replied, "Every time you feel like taking a puff on a cigarette take a deep breath of Jesus instead."
 I said "Next month you'll be wearing that dress."
 When I was leaving the hotel four days later this same lady rushed up to me and shouted, 
" I couldn't wait till next week to quit. I stopped smoking the same day you prayed for me and I'm going to buy that new dress!"

Meet a lady who is no longer following the dinosaurs!

Jubilate.

Ian
  

No comments: