Friday, October 4, 2013

Larsen: a little light relief.






I have been in touch with a couple of interesting people recently. One is a surgeon in England who has kept me regaled with some hilarious stories from the surgical theater. The other is a delightful young lady who is a nurse in the emergency ward at a nearby hospital, who spoke of the "fainters", strong men who go down at the sight of blood, and other stuff most of us don't get to see. 

As for myself, I got back from the medical centre yesterday having learned that all my numbers were O.K.
Sandra Johnson, my personal physician, is a marvel. She is from the "new" school. She has all my file on a computer screen, has blood sugar readings, L.D.L's, Creatnin read-outs and elements that I didn't know existed in the human body. I just can't fool her and if I don't show up at her office she tracks me down.
This quick post is in her honor and all who work as agents of God to keep us healthy and vertical.

Jubilate.

Ian

No comments: