Friday, November 8, 2013

Billy Graham at Ninety Five.







People have been sending their greetings to the home of Billy Graham in North Carolina.   It is his birthday.
At ninety five he is looking frail and is no longer walking without aid. Nevertheless, his spirit burns bright and his mind appears as clear as ever.
I recall his crusade at Harringay Arena in England in 1956. It was a great success but, unsurprisingly, Reverend Graham  was bitterly opposed by the media and lampooned as a money-grabbing American evangelist who preached his message with "an ugly enthusiasm."

At that time I was an all-wise-teenager of seventeen and I fully agreed with the British press.

Six years later, after my own dramatic conversion to Christ, I was raising my own voice in "an ugly enthusiasm" for the cause of the Kingdom of God and have continued to do so for the last fifty years.
Was there ever a better message than the Gospel of Christ? Was there ever a more eloquent and faithful exponent of that message than the Reverend Billy Graham?

Happy Birthday Billy.

Ian


No comments: