Sunday, January 26, 2014

A modern Day Horror Story.

My wife and I went through an horrific shock this morning. 
On checking the news on our computer we found that two of our favorite (nay, revered)foods have been been condemned by the Canadian Food and Drug administration. 

I am speaking about Marmite and Bovril, of course.

These concentrated beef and vegetable products saw both Pauline and I through the lean years after the war, when our mothers assiduously clipped coupons from ration books to keep their families fed.

As far as we were concerned they stood for every thing British, along with Lucozade, Ovaltine and Penguin bars.
Now, in one hideous fell-swoop, they have been taken off the shelves of "Over 'ome" British stores in Canada; classified as dangerous to public health by the National Nanny.

Meantime legislation blithely proceeds to legalize marijuana and hash oil because of their 'medicinal benefits' to the human brain.

And maybe that's what it is all about. What these people have been smoking!

Back to those early days in England. My parents, as independent business people, instilled in me a healthy distrust of big government.
That distrust has only grown as the years have passed.
This morning's news has not served to weaken my conviction.

Trust in God and keep your powder dry and stock up on Marmite while you can.

Jubilate 

Ian

No comments: