Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The twin that was in her head.

Hardly believable, but last week a Californian surgeon removed a Siamese twin from inside the brain of his patient. 
Yamini Karanam was a doctorate student in Washington university and began experiencing severe headaches. These developed into slips and misses. On examination a growth was found deep inside her brain.
Upon extraction this tumor proved to be an undeveloped embryo that had suddenly decided to grow.
Pretty gruesome, eh!
Fortunately the young lady in question will make a full recovery and be able to proceed with her own career in medicine.
What struck me about this strange phenomenon is that the Bible speaks of an "old Nature" that is resident inside everyman.
The one that is trying to sabotage the best of our intentions and counteract the plans that God has for our lives.
The Siamese twin within.
He cannot be detected with an X-Ray but, be sure, he is alive and well and active within every Christian.
What is the solution?
A wonderful verse in Galatians 2:20 tells us. Where Saint Paul writes:
"I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live and yet not I but Christ lives within me and the life that I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.
And that, my friend, takes care of the "Siamese Twin" within.
Ian