Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Reformation Day! Freedom from Tyranny and Religious Nonesense.

It shook the world. The day is marked as Reformation Day, when a Roman Catholic monk called Martin Luther nailed his 99 point thesis on the door of Wittenberg university and turned to face the consequences. There were plenty, as is true for anyone who knows what he believes and loves what he knows, concerning the plain text of the Bible.
 Of course you must READ it first and then ponder and pray as to how the text, its promises, warnings and commandments apply to YOU.
In the case of Martin Luther, when he stood with his life in jeopardy before the papal council, it was expressed in the following words.
"Unless I am convicted by scripture and plain reason, I will not accept the authority of Popes and councils. For they have contradicted each other; my conscience is captive to the word of God.
I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I cannot do otherwise. God help me. Amen."
And may God help us all, in days of defection from the simple faith of Christ and easy compromise concerning His call to discipleship.
Folks, we only have ONE life to live. This  Reformation Day let us all renew our vows to God and change our own world thereafter by the help of Christ. 
Jubilate.

Ian

No comments: