Thursday, March 24, 2011

Windows on God's World: The return of Christ.



My mother read the Bible to my sister and me when the bombs were falling round our house in the Second World War. John 14:1-6 was a favourite passage and a phrase sticks in my mind.

"If I go I will come again and receive you unto Myself."

That's a promise and, as the years have gone by, it has gained new meaning for me.

All sorts of notions abound as to the end of the world. Will it be caused by a rogue asteroid, or by Malthusian population growth or by global warming or by a nuclear explosion?

None of these things.

Jesus said "RELAX" (let not your heart be troubled) I will come again."

Put that promise before all the drivel that you are hearing through Hollywood and the media.

Today we have a window on the future, Christ's promise to come and take His people home.

Is there a better way for Earth's story to end. If there is, please let me know.

Ian

No comments: