Monday, June 6, 2011

Another milestone




On September 17th 2011 I plan to attend the class of '51 Reunion at my Alma Mater, Nelson Grammar School in England.

Brian Greenwood, a fellow compatriot, and myself were judged the most likely candidates to do 'hard time' in prison when we left school. Brian left early and I left prematurely, expelled at the tender age of 16.

Now how wrong could the pundits be?

Brian became a police officer in the North of England and I became a preacher.

Brian spent his years bringing miscreants to justice: I spent my life as a preacher seeking to keep people out of Brian's reach.

We were an unlikely duo in school and even more unlikely team when we left school.

Ah, but therein lies the mystery of the grace of God in His Son, Jesus Christ!

Ian

No comments: