Sunday, June 5, 2011

Milestones


Last week Pauline & I celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary! It was another milestone. The journey of life is marked by them.

Some people were astonished that we could live together for that long! Well, in 1968 on June the 1st in a little village in Lancashire, England, we promised to do just that, and we did.

What, may I ask, is wrong with someone keeping their word?

My sister wrote from England and observed that my wife should have received a medal for endurance. On that point I agree. 

There are no finer words than the conditions given in the old marriage service which read "for better or worse, for richer or for poorer and in sickness and in health 'til death do us part." 

At the moment you may be experiencing some of the "worse"in your marriage.

If you are thinking of changing your mind about your spouse DON'T. You will have to search long and hard to find a better one and besides that you will have broken your word.

Ian  

No comments: