Monday, October 22, 2012

Five scriptures that changed my life.








Yesterday we looked at the promise of Jesus Christ that he would NEVER turn away anyone who comes to Him by faith.

Today I want to share another scripture that had a transforming effect on my life. These verses are found in Proverbs Chapter 3 verses 5 and 6.
They read:

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not to thine own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all thy ways and He shall direct thy paths."

At college I had been part of a pseudo-intellectual group that hatched up ideas about how we would bring about social revolution and how we could change the world. The truth eluded us that we couldn't even change ourselves let alone society!

When I came to Christ I began to realize that my vaunted intellect was in fact a tiny sparrow brain incapable of grasping even the
ABC's of the great revelation of God.

It was then that I made a decision that instead of going to theological seminary I would wholly embrace Proverbs 3:5&6 and believe that the Lord Himself would teach me and guide me.

It's been quite a trip but, fifty years later, these verses still form the lynch pin of finding and following the will of God in my life, in things great and things small.

Jubilate.

Ian

No comments: