Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Five scriptures that changed my life.









Yesterday's post could be summed up thus: 

"The art of living from the heart"

However, we must also live by the Scripture. One day, as a young christian, I was reading the Bible and observed that Jesus talked freely of the Great Flood and of Jonah being swallowed by  the Fish.

I said to myself

"These events cannot be fairy tales or illustrations for simple minds. If Jesus accepts fully the truth of these accounts, then I will also."

The scripture that both finalized and crystallized this position in my heart was the statement of Christ

 "The scripture cannot be broken."

From then on the Bible became the inspired and inerrant Word of God to me and has been my guide to life and the road map to heaven ever since.

John 10:35 reads: "The word of God came to them, and the scriptures cannot be broken."

If you have a Bible in your house read it from the heart without doubting and experience the joy of God speaking to you personally.

Jubilate.

Ian

No comments: