Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Joy of the Day




" Have a good day!"

It is an oft quoted sentiment but an experience that often eludes us.
Hence the title of my thrice weekly post  "Breakfast with Ian".

I've found that having a good day is best not left to chance.

Each morning I follow a routine which at least points my day in the right direction.
I'll mention some of those things in this mini-series 

"The Joy of the Day"

Every morning over my oatmeal I read one of Charles Wesley's Hymns.

I have done so for years.
In inspiration, content and sheer volume Charles Wesley is the greatest of all the English poets. He has never been acknowledged as such since his theme and subject was invariably Jesus Christ.

An 18th Century, poet speaking of the genius of Wesley, said he would gladly have surrendered the whole of his works to have penned the hymn "Love Divine All Loves Excelling."
Well said.

Why not invest in an old hymn book and begin your day with a Song of Zion in your heart before the telephone rings or the morning news puts you on a collision course with the peace and joy of Christ?

Jubilate.

Ian


No comments: